Halibut With Swiss Chard, Leek and Pepper Stew
- Preheat the oven to 425 °. Heat the olive oil in a large enameled cast-iron casserole.
- Add the onion, leek and garlic, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add the squash, Swiss chard, red and yellow bell peppers, fennel seeds, thyme and crushed red pepper.
- Season the vegetables generously with salt and pepper, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Spread half of the vegetable stew in an 8-by-11-inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Season the halibut with salt and pepper and nestle the fillets in the stew; cover with the remaining vegetables.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the halibut is just cooked through. Sprinkle with the basil and serve.