From Food & Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 large leek, white and tender green parts, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1/2 lb swiss chard, stems discarded, leaves torn into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup shredded basil leaves
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 °. Heat the olive oil in a large enameled cast-iron casserole.
- 2Add the onion, leek and garlic, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add the squash, Swiss chard, red and yellow bell peppers, fennel seeds, thyme and crushed red pepper.
- 4Season the vegetables generously with salt and pepper, cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 5Spread half of the vegetable stew in an 8-by-11-inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
- 6Season the halibut with salt and pepper and nestle the fillets in the stew; cover with the remaining vegetables.
- 7Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the halibut is just cooked through. Sprinkle with the basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halibut With Swiss Chard, Leek and Pepper Stew
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.2
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 39.8 g