Recipe by Oolala
From Real Simple on line. Don't want to lose it because it sounds good. Heart healthy, quick and easy. * Tip: taste the peas before making the salad. It they're not as sweet as you'd like, steam them for a minute or two, then run them under cold water. This will help bring out their natural sugars and make them more tender.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, about 4 cups, strings removed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 4 halibut fillets, 6 oz. each
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, ginger, 1 tablespoons of the oil, and 1/4 teaspoons each of the salt and pepper.
- Add the snap peas, onion and sesame seeds, if using, and toss to coat.
- Heat the remaining tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and season the fish with with 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- Cook the fish until opaque throughout, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with the snap pea salad and lime wedges.