A delightful, easy, yet FANCY meal. Perfect for a romantic occasion! I received this recipe at a cooking class by Chef Antoine Moussali from Andria's Countryside Restaurant in Edwardsville, Illinois. He suggests this with a side of Sauteed Broccoli Rabe (I have posted that recipe as well).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the halibut and wrap in paper towels to dry thoroughly.
- 2Place cream and saffron in a small saucepan and heat on medium-low.
- 3Cut vanilla bean down the middle (lengthwise) and remove beans (the little black things) by sliding a butter knife down the length of the pod. Place beans AND pod into cream.
- 4Simmer cream for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until reduced to a thick cream sauce. If you do not want overpowering vanilla flavor, remove the vanilla pod after 10 minutes.
- 5Melt butter together with olive oil over med-high heat in a non stick pan.
- 6Sear halibut (cooking approximately 2-3 minutes on each side) until cooked. . .watch for the side of the fish to turn white (instead of translucent) and that's when it's done.
- 7Place two pieces of fish on each plate (propping one piece on the other) and drizzle a fair amount of sauce on and around the fish.
Browse Our Top Romantic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Romantic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halibut With Saffron Vanilla Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1119.2
- Calories from Fat 940
- Total Fat 104.4 g
- Saturated Fat 59.9 g
- Cholesterol 395.8 mg
- Sodium 223.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: