Recipe by Kizzikate
I picked up this recipe card at The Fresh Market, and I think it's the best halibut recipe I've ever prepared.
Top Review by Hill Family
It didn't say to remove the oil from the sauce so I didn't and wish I had removed most of it. The sauce and fish combo was great (after I took out most of the EVOO). My mother and father were here bound not to like it but by the second bite they came around. Thanks for a good dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut fillets, 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Coat with flour.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Arrange fish in a single layer in pan. Cook, turning once, until fish is brown and flaky, app. 5 minutes per side.
- Remove fish to a warm platter. To pan, add vinegar, garlic, rosemary, and water. Boil until reduced by half; remove garlic. Spoon sauce over fish.