Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From GoodHousekeeping.com. This was one of the winners of the Cook Your Heart Out contest. It is a heart-healty recipe. I bought the ingredients yesterday and will be making it this week. Will post feedback. It got great reviews on the show.
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 4 (3 ounce) halibut fillets
- From limes, finely grate 2 teaspoons zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. In small bowl, whisk lime zest and juice, vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil, honey, cilantro, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In large bowl, combine rice, lentils, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, basil, mint, raisins, and olives. Add dressing and toss to combine. Cover and set salad aside.
- Spray a stove-top grill pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Brush halibut with remaining 1 teaspoon oil, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill fish until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve halibut with salad.