Recipe by Bergy
Simple tasty way to serve haibut. You may also cook other fish with this recipe
Top Review by Derf
My brother in law loves you Bergy!! He says this is the best halibut he's had in ages. We loved it too. The ginger, garlic, chili pepper flakes and onions gave the fish a wonerfull bite and a superb taste!! Just the right amount of everything and perfect cooking time. A great Good Friday dinner, thanks for sharing a keeper!! This will go in my hard copy!!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs halibut fillets, four 1 inch thick fillets
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 green onions, white part and 1 inch of the green
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste more or less)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar substitute or 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a non stick skilled with veggie oil and heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add the filets ond brown them skin side down for 2 minutes (if skinless only brown for a minute and you may want to turn the heat down) Add onion, green onions, garlic, ginger& pepper flakes, cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and flip the fish add wine sugar& broth.
- Cover pan and simmer for apprx 8 minutes or until the fish is done, it will flake if checked with a fork.
- Serve with some of the onions.
- and sauce over the fish.