I adopted this recipe, I love, I make it often and even use it when I plank, it actually goes well with ANY fish I try it on, Original Intro: quick and easy meal.
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, very finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon country-style dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 thin green onion, finely sliced
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2⁄3 lb halibut fillet
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- To prepare the topping: Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Parmesan, green onion and Tabasco.
- To prepare the halibut: Place fish on a broiling pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven 12 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish tests done.
- Remove fish from oven and place a rack close to the broiling element.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Spread the top of the fish with garlic topping.
- Broil about 1 minute, or until golden.
I used a bit more Hallibut, so a bit more ingredients, and served with rice/orzo and succotash. Delicious and a bit healthy too.
I might sugggest soaking the fish in milk for a bit and then using hte recipe, as this makes the fish soo tender:)
This halibut recipe is really incredible! I haven't read through the rest of the reviews to know if anyone else has used lime to replace the lemon in this recipe. I did not have any lemon on hand but had lots of limes. I used the lime to replace all the lemon in this recipe. Not IF, but WHEN I make this again, I will definitely use lime again! It adds a new dimension of flavor! It is really, really very tasty. I knew the lime would work well because lime is served with fish tacos and I love it ~ so I didn't even give the substitution a second thought. This is great, Dawn!! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe!!
Absolutely delicious! I substituted diced shallots for the green onions. The cooking time and instructions were perfect and my whole family loved it. The topping covered 4 serving size pieces of halibut. Thanks for sharing.