Top Review by Derf
Made these Halibut steaks for dinner tonight, cut it back for the two of us. Very good, thanks Dancer^!! I added 1 finely chopped Jalapino Pepper, it added a bit of zing with the garlic. will make this one again and again, thanks for sharing!!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 (8 ounce) halibut steaks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl, set aside.
- Rub fish with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill fish over medium-high fire about 5 minutes per side or until fish springs back when pushed with a finger, or the flesh is opaque.
- Spoon some tomato sauce on 4 plates.
- Put fish on sauce.