Recipe by RedVinoGirl
This is great served over rice or couscous. The flavors in the ingredients compliment the halibut beautifully. I have used this with many mild white fishes and found they all are great with these ingredients.
Top Review by Abby Girl
This recipe is something that I would expect from a high end restaurant....and paying a high end price!!! Wonderful flavor, with the olives and capers. If your are going to dress up Halibut, do use this recipe! Excellent!!!
- 24 ounces halibut fillets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 plum tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive (pitted and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon capers (I use more)
- 1 (6 ounce) can clams (with juice!, can use clam juice only if you prefer)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Season fish with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and saute' until lightly browned and opaque in the center (4 minutes per side) and then transfer to platter.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same skillet and add shallots and crused red pepper. Saute' for 1 minute.
- Mix in the tomatoes, olives, 1/4 cup basil and capers. Add the clams and wine.
- Boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes).
- Mix in 1/4 cup of basil. Season sauce with salt and pepper and spoon over fish.