Prep 12 mins
Cook 12 mins
Nice light meal with an Asian influence. From a printed handout given out by the fishmonger.
Make and share this Halibut With Broccoli and Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup julienned carrot
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked wild rice
- Cut halibut into 1"x 2" strips and coat with corn starch.
- Combine broccoli, carrots, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat the canola and sesame oil, add the fish and fry for 4 to 5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove the fish and set aside.
- Stir fry the vegetable mixture for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the almonds and cook for a further minute.
- Add the fish back to the mixture and warm through for one minute.
- Serve with the rice as a main dish.