Recipe by April410
good way to use halibut...get ready for some heat.
Top Review by Newly Mrs. Johnson
Good recipe. DH loved this so much. I'm not a huge fish fan but he just loves halibut so I thought I would put this recipe to a test. It def passed in his book. The cream sauce could even double as a great pasta sauce over noodles and chicken. Thank you for the post.
- 2 lbs halibut steaks
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 canned chipotle chiles
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place halibut in an ovenproof baking dish, and place in preheated oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine milk, canned chipotles, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. (this can be made ahead).
- Heat butter and flour in a large skillet and blend until smooth; add milk and sour cream, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in chipotle puree, and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens; remove from heat.
- After halibut has baked 20 minutes, remove from oven and drain any fat.
- Pour chipotle cream over halibut and Replace halibut in oven and bake for about 20 minutes more,.
- Remove from oven and serve with extra sauce spooned over halibut.