good way to use halibut...get ready for some heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place halibut in an ovenproof baking dish, and place in preheated oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine milk, canned chipotles, garlic, cumin, onion powder, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. (this can be made ahead).
- 4Heat butter and flour in a large skillet and blend until smooth; add milk and sour cream, whisking until smooth.
- 5Stir in chipotle puree, and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil and thickens; remove from heat.
- 6After halibut has baked 20 minutes, remove from oven and drain any fat.
- 7Pour chipotle cream over halibut and Replace halibut in oven and bake for about 20 minutes more,.
- 8Remove from oven and serve with extra sauce spooned over halibut.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halibut W/Chipotle Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 271.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 23.2 g