Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Courtesy of Margot Kravette. I found this on another website.*Not sure how much dill to add so add to your taste as Akillian24 did!
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb onion, chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- dill, to taste
- 8 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 3 lbs halibut
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 medium artichoke hearts
- 3 fresh fennel bulbs, trimmed, quartered vertically
- 5 large carrots, peeled, cut into 1 inch lengths
- Heat 1/4 C oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add next 7 ingredients and 6 tablespoons each parsley, dill, and mint; sauté 3 minutes longer. Add broth, fennel, artichoke hearts, and carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes, uncover and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper as necessary (May do up to this point in advance).
- Preheat oven to 400. Place fish in large, oiled (may use Pam) baking dish and cover with tagine.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for approximately 30 minutes until fish is tender and not overdone – check fish by sliding fork under it – if it starts to fall apart, then its done. Do not overcook.