Prep 0 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is so delicious. Two 1 1/2 lb. halibut fillets may be substituted, with stuffing layered between fillets.
- 4 ounces canned crabmeat
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 ounces shrimp, shelled
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup fish stock
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 ounces cooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (3 lb) halibut, center bone removed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- parsley, for ganish
- Melt 1/4 cup butter. Reduce to low: add crabmeat and shrimp, coating well.
- Stir in flour. Pour in the stock, cream and wine, stirring until blended, Heat gently until hot.
- Stir in mushrooms, green pepper, rice salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; spoon into pocket of the halibut. Spread the excess mixture over the bottom of baking dish which has been lightly greased.
- Arrange the stuffed fish on top and pour over the melted butter. Bake in preheated 350F oven, covered, for 50 minutes or until fish is tender but still firm.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges and serve at once.