Recipe by English_Rose
A great dinner party recipe, prepare it in advance and then simply pop it in the oven while you enjoy a drink with your guests!
- 4 halibut fillets
- 2 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 9 ounces clams
- 9 ounces mussels
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 1⁄2 ounces shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 ounce breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a slit in the side of the fillet to make a pocket.
- Melt one third of the butter in a medium saucepan and add the shallots, garlic, clams and mussels, pour in the wine and turn up the heat to full. Steam the clams and mussels for 4-5 minutes, discarding any that do not open. Strain the clams and mussels and retain the juice.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Shell the clams and mussels and place them in a medium bowl, add the shrimp, half the remaining butter, the breadcrumbs and chives, mix well and add the lemon juice.
- Place the stuffing in the fish. Secure with a toothpick and place the fish on a baking tray, drizzle with the oil, season, and bake for 12 minutes.
- Place the reserved cooking juice in a small pan, bring it to the boil and whisk in the remaining butter.
- Drizzle the sauce over the fish and serve with spinach and new potatoes.