Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Any kind of white fish would work in this recipe.
Make and share this Halibut Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- Cut halibut into 1" pieces.
- Saute peppers carrots, onion and garlic in oil in a large pot until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, juice, Worcestershire, basil& sugar.
- Bring to a boil then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add wine and halibut.
- Simmer 8 minutes or until fish flakes.