Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Any kind of white fish would work in this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- Cut halibut into 1" pieces.
- Saute peppers carrots, onion and garlic in oil in a large pot until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, juice, Worcestershire, basil& sugar.
- Bring to a boil then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add wine and halibut.
- Simmer 8 minutes or until fish flakes.