Halibut Steaks in Beer Sauce
- Sprinkle each piece of fish with salt and paprika.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and water and set aside for later.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the butter. Add the fish and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Remove fish to a plate and keep warm.
- Blend the lemon juice and beer into the butter in the skillet and stir in the chives.
- Add the fish steaks and simmer 15 minutes in a covered skillet over low heat until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove fish from pan and keep warm. Now stir in the combined cornstarch and water into the pan drippings. Cook stirring constantly until thickened. Serve fish with the sauce spooned over top. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.