cookiecutter _'s Note:
From Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage or 1/2 lb andouille sausage
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half-moons
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 quart chicken stock or 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into half-moons
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1Preheat a large soup pot over medium-high heat with oil. Remove sausage casing and slice thinly. Add to pot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2Add onions, carrots, poblanos and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- 3Add wine and cook 3 minutes. Add stock, bring to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes longer. Before you add the fish the soup should gently simmer so turn heat down if necessary.
- 4Add hominy, halibut, and zucchini. Gently simmer 5 minutes. Add parsley, cilantro (if using) and lime juice.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halibut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.6
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.5 mg
- Sodium 1382.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 58.6 g