1/2 Photos of Halibut Smothered in Vidalia Onions
Two things I love are Vadalia onions & halibut, so I decided to put them together, and I'm glad I did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven for 375°F.
- 2Slice vadalia onions.
- 3Chop parsley and green onion into small pieces.
- 4In skillet saute onion, green onion and parsley in 1 TBSP of margarine until vadalia onion is tender.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6In a measuring cup mix mayonnaise, dill weed, pepper, salt, lemon juice together.
- 7In a bowl add the sauteed onion, green onion and parsley.
- 8Add the mayonnaise mixture to the sauteed items and mix together.
- 9Melt the remaining tablespoon of margarine. (I use the microwave).
- 10In a baking dish spread the melted margarine in the bottom.
- 11Place the halibut in the baking dish.
- 12Place the onion/mayonnaise mixture on top of the fish.
- 13Bake fish in the oven at 350 F for 20 minutes or until fish is flaky.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halibut Smothered in Vidalia Onions
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.8
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.2 mg
- Sodium 430.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 28.8 g