Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Two things I love are Vadalia onions & halibut, so I decided to put them together, and I'm glad I did!
- Preheat oven for 375°F.
- Slice vadalia onions.
- Chop parsley and green onion into small pieces.
- In skillet saute onion, green onion and parsley in 1 TBSP of margarine until vadalia onion is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- In a measuring cup mix mayonnaise, dill weed, pepper, salt, lemon juice together.
- In a bowl add the sauteed onion, green onion and parsley.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the sauteed items and mix together.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of margarine. (I use the microwave).
- In a baking dish spread the melted margarine in the bottom.
- Place the halibut in the baking dish.
- Place the onion/mayonnaise mixture on top of the fish.
- Bake fish in the oven at 350 F for 20 minutes or until fish is flaky.
Delicious! I made the recipe as directed. The fish was nice and moist and the sauce was great.
Absolutely divine! So moist and tasty, and because of the sauce, the fish didn't dry out and burn around the edges. I'm going to keep making this, because it's just too good to pass up anymore.
I really enjoyed this dish. I changed the serving to 1. I actually had fresh dill so I used that. I did not measure it just chopped a couple of sprigs. The sauce was delicious. So easy to make. I will definitely make this again. Made for Potluck tag.