Recipe by Twitterpated
This is my version of a recipe from a favorite seafood restaurant in Anchorage, Alaska. It's pretty close. This recipe is AMAZING with your favorite rice dish and steamed broccoli.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut fillets, cut in serving sizes (Not steaks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, Tilamook if it is available
- 2 (1 ounce) packagesof knorr bearnaise sauce mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- paprika, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut halibut into serving size pieces.
- Make Bearnaise sauce according to package directions,using the butter and milk.
- Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar and stir till melted through.
- Roll halibut filets in the sauce, and place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over top of the fish, top with the remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese and bake for 15 minutes in a 350°F oven.
- After 15 minutes, sprinkle with the sliced almonds and paprika and bake another 15 minutes, or till your fish flakes as when done.
- Baking times will vary according to thickness of fish.