Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my delicious version of an Atkin's recipe I found. We didn't have leftover's the first time. The second time, I doubled the recipe. The leftover's heated in the microwave taste like a yummy fish stew.
- 1 lb halibut fillet (skinned, you're going to roll it up)
- sea salt
- 3 slices of thick bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 lb shiitake mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and set aside
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Hungarian paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the fillet with salt all over on one side.
- Set it aside while you do the following:.
- In a skillet, saute' bacon, mushrooms, celery, and onion until the vegetables soften.
- Add garlic and cook about 2 minutes more, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Remove from heat, add parsley, and mix well.
- Spread half the mixture over the halibut fillet.
- Put half the melted butter in a glass baking dish.
- Roll up the fillet beginning with the narrow end.
- Don't try to roll it up tightly, and don't worry if some of the mixture spills out of the sides.
- Place the fish seam side down in the baking dish.
- Spoon the rest of the vegetable mixture over and around the halibut (and any that fell out while rolling).
- Gently (so as not to push the topping off the fish) pour over the remaining butter and the wine.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan-Reggiano on top of the fish.
- Sprinkle generously with paprika.
- I use alot!
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.