Recipe by Derf
Steamed in foil with lime zest and juice and a touch of Tequila liqueur (Licor De Cafe) Wonderful flavour. (Rest time not included in timing)
Top Review by AKillian24
I used regular tequila and kosher salt...wow! DH and I both really enjoyed this. Not that this dish needs anything- but I think a pinch of red pepper flakes over the top would add a great twist. I served it with garlic roasted asparagus.
- 1360.77 g roast halibut, approximate
- 2 fresh limes, juice of, zest of and cut in wedges
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 28.34 g tequila liqueur (or regular Tequila if liqueur not available)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Place the halibut roast on a sheet of foil, large enough to wrap it and place it in a shallow oven proof dish or tray. Cut three slits into white skin side of halibut roast, deep enough to hold wedges of lime. Sprinkle sea salt and fresh ground pepper over the roast and into the slits. Place a lime wedge into each slit. Squeeze juice of one lime over all. Pour the Tequila liqueur over the roast and sprinkle the lime zest over all. Wrap the foil tightly around the roast and let rest in fridge for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Roast in 400f degree oven for approximately 30 to 40 minutes depending on the size of the roast, or until the fish flakes easily.
- Unwrap and place on a platter to remove skin and bones, place halibut pieces on another platter and pour liquid that accumulated in foil over, garnish with lime wedges.