Recipe by SJG3483
You can substitute the kind of fish you want to use in this flavorful dish
Top Review by jaspurr
added some diced fresh roma tomatoes. Didn't have the bell pepper, but it still was very good. Loved the recipe--even my husband (who doesn't really like fish) cleaned his plate. will make again.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (28 ounce) canimported crushed plum tomatoes
- 4 halibut fillets (4-6 oz each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse fish, pat dry, and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add peppers, onion, and garlic.
- sauté about 2 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add basil and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add fish, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Serve with garlic bread to soak up the juices.