Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this one yet but it looks great. From First for Women magazine 1/17/05
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste or 2 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning, divided
- 6 (5 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the broiler.
- Rub halibut with oil.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp seasoning over the fish.
- In a skillet over high heat, bring remaining ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Broil 10 minutes of until fish flakes.
- Turn once.
- Top with sauce.
This was good, but the sauce seemed a little too tart to us. Maybe a little sugar would help the acidity? We used mahi mahi instead of halibut and served with brown rice and broccoli.
It didn't seem fair to actually give this stars, because I changed it significantly. But I will say it was a big hit. I put all the sauce ingredients in a large skillet, with a few extra anchovies,an eight once can of tomato sauce, and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper. I simmered that for about 15 minutes and then put the fish fillets in the pan with the sauce and cooked about another 10 minutes. It was delicious! I would make this again for sure and I would gladly make the sauce for just about anything.