Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs halibut steaks (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 orange, rind of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, Minced
- If halibut is frozen, thaw it.
- Wrap fish thawed or fresh in a paper towel for a few minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Place fish in a single layer in large, thickly buttered, microwave safe baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except the parsley, and pour over the fish.
- Bake at high for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then remove to a hot serving dish.
- Pour any sauce remaining in the dish over the fish.
- Sprinkle with minced parsley and serve.
This was pretty good. I would make one change next time, which would be to marinate it overnight or atleast a couple hours so you really get an orange flavor in the Halibut. But as it is, all the Halibut got eaten :o). Oh and instead of microwaving it I baked it at 500 degrees for 15min.