Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy tasty fish steamed in foil packets
- 4 (3 ounce) halibut fillets or 4 (3 ounce) cod fish fillets
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, shaved
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, plus
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (with leaves)
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons vermouth or 4 teaspoons white wine
- 1 small orange, juice and zest of
- 1 dash fennel seed, generous dash (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Tear 4 sheets of foil (12" x 16" rectangles).
- In a bowl, toss pepper, mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, carrot, olives, thyme, fennel seeds in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide vegetable mix among the 4 sheets of foil.
- Season fish with salt and pepper - put on top of the veggies.
- Top each fish fillet with orange zest, 1 teaspoon of vermouth, 1 teaspoon of orange juice, and one small thyme branch.
- Wrap foil packets to be sure they are air tight.
- Set together (not touching) on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.