Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious and easy way to fix halibut.
- 2 -3 lbs halibut fillets (or other white fish)
- johnny's seafood seasoning, to taste
- 1 cup plain fine breadcrumbs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 7 -8 pieces crumbled cooked bacon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place filets in a baking dish and sprinkle with seafood seasoning and half of the bread crumbs.
- Mix next 5 ingredients together and completely cover the filets with the mixture.
- Finish by covering the topping with more breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes or until the fish is done.
This was so yummy!!! I used low fat sour cream and low fat mayo to cut the fat of the dish, and the flavour did not suffer at all. I served this with some baked leeks, and plates were licked clean tonight. Very tasty! Thanks Alskann! Made for ZWT 4.
This was absolutely wonderful!!! I served this over pureed peas and door stop fries it was perfect. This is a wonderful topping so simple and oh so delicious, I made this with cod and sea bass couldn't get halibut today. I did cut the cooking time down to 30 Min's just beacause of the thickness of the fillets, but OMG tender fish with an awesome crispy coating. All of us said gorgeous and I will be making again soon hopefully with halibut as I love this fish. A complete triumph Alskann.
Delicious & easy is so right! I used haddock + a combo of Old Bay, black pepper & chives w/the breadcrumbs. I did have to sub leek for the green onion as they are rarely found here. The fish was flavorful, moist & perfectly done in the time given. I intended to serve it w/buttered parsley potatoes, but used the lovely bit of extra sauce for them instead. DH said this is the best fish dish I have made for him in 5 yrs, he wants to see it grace our table freq & it certainly joined my top 3 pers faves as well. Made for the Aussie/NZ Swap & thx for sharing this great recipe w/us. :-)