We liked this recipe so much we had the caterer use it at our wedding. All the guests raved about how it was the best halibut they had ever had. It also helps to have fresh halibut.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter; pour into bottom of 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Spread onion over melted butter and top with halibut fillets.
- Mix together sour cream and mayonnaise; spread over halibut.
- Top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake in oven until fish flakes and crumbs are lightly browned (about 20 minutes.).
- *Note* If you can’t get your hands on fresh halibut, I’ve learned to cut all the brown parts off the halibut and then soak it in about 1/2 gallon of water with 1/4 cup lemon juice for about an hour. This usually takes out the fishy taste.