Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Good Housekeeping April 2007. The curry can be adjusted according to taste, amount listed is mild to medium. A splash of fish sauce also adds authentic flavor.
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green curry paste or 1⁄2 teaspoon red curry paste or 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, firmly packed, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice or 2 cups basmati rice
- In nonstick 12" skillet, whisk coconut milk, ginger, brown sugar, curry paste, and garlic until blended.
- Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add halibut pieces to skillet and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish turns opaque in the center.
- Transfer halibut to warm deep platter.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir scallions and cilantro into sauce, pour sauce over halibut.
- Serve halibut with lime wedges and rice.