Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Cooking With the Two Fat Ladies. Be sure to use dry alcoholic cider in this. Posted for ZWT6.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute onions until pale gold.
- Add garlic and cook a little longer.
- Stir in cider.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fish in a greased baking dish.
- Add lemon juice.
- Arrange lemon slices over the fish.
- Pour onion-cider mixture over fish.
- Place tomatoes and parsley on top.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked.
I cut this recipe down for two, and even though I cooked the fish with the tomato on top, my DH and I decided we didn't like the mushy tomato (our preference with no fault of the recipe). I also used chives instead of parsley mainly because I forgot to buy some when I was at the market I did a quick assessment of the supplies and made the change. The fish was done perfectly and the hard cider mixed with the onions gave the fish a sweet and savory flavor. Will be making this again, minus the tomato. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
I did cut this recipe down to serve the 2 of us & used lemon pepper instead of the S&P, but other than that, no changes, & it made for a really great tasting fish dinner! Definitely a keeper here! [Made & reviewed while in Great Britain with ZWT6]