Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Halibut is amazing, but sometimes it just does not taste like anything and that is when you put this broth on it!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces halibut (6-ounce portions)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 shallots (sliced into thin rounds)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb artichoke (frozen, thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes (canned & diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (minced)
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the halibut and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Cook the fish on the grill pan until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and artichokes and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the white wine and stir, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and juice, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Ladle the artichoke and tomato broth into shallow bowls.
- Top with the grilled halibut. Serve immediately.
This recipe is great! I saw it on everyday italian and tried it right away, it was delicious.
My mother saw this on Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis and she decided to make it. It was so good and a very different recipe for halibut. I was going to post it so I wouldn't lose it. Thanks for posting it.