From Food Network
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more
- salt, for seasoning fish
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more
- fresh ground black pepper, for seasoning fish
- 2 shallots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb frozen artichokes, thawed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, minced
- 1Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the halibut and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat a grill pan over high heat.
- 3Cook the fish on the grill pan until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- 4In a medium saucepan, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Add the garlic and artichokes and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add the white wine and stir, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- 8Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and juice, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- 9Ladle the artichoke and tomato broth into shallow bowls. Top with the grilled halibut.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halibut in Artichoke and Tomato Broth
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.8
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 570.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 51.7 g