Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Food Network
Make and share this Halibut in Artichoke and Tomato Broth recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more
- salt, for seasoning fish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more
- fresh ground black pepper, for seasoning fish
- 2 shallots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb frozen artichokes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, minced
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the halibut and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat.
- Cook the fish on the grill pan until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and artichokes and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and juice, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Ladle the artichoke and tomato broth into shallow bowls. Top with the grilled halibut.
- Serve immediately.