Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We were the luckly recepients of fresh halibut recently. The simplicity of the preparation made the taste of the fish shine through and take centre stage. I would have rated this, or in some cases, better than some 5 star restaurants. Weight Watcher Friendly 3 points
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add more oil if necessary.
- Sprinkle halibut lightly with salt and a good shaking of freshly ground pepper. (watch the salt as the capers can be on the salty side).
- Sear the halibut lightly on both sides. Remove the halibut to a large dish with sides.
- Deglaze the skillet with the white wine and lemon juice. Pour over the halibut.
- Cook the fish for 12 - 15 minutes or until it lightly flakes.
- Serve with some of the browned wine/caper sauce over the fish.
Delicious, delicate, and simple to prepare. I seved with roasted asparagus with lemon also.
This is fabulous! It is like something I'd enjoy at an upscale restaurant. Wonderful way to prepare halibut when I splurge for it. Thank you!
This was very easy to prepare. Light and nice dish for a hot evening. Served with Asparagus and a little lemon.