Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Suppose to be made with potatoes but since I do not eat them, I omitted them!
- 1360.77 g halibut, cut into pieces
- 1 extra large white onion, cut into rounds
- 2 large leeks, cut into rounds
- 0.25 ml saffron
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut in rounds
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml bay leaf
- 14.79 ml thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- Sauté onions and leeks in olive oil; season with bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cut fish into pieces.
- Layer 1/2 of the sauteed mix in the bottom of a baking dish (preheat oven to 400°F) arrange fish on top of mixture and put tomatoes over fish then, put the other 1/2 of mixture on top of fish --
- Stick crushed garlic under tomato slices.
- Mix chicken broth and saffron in a bowl until saffron color bleeds.
- Pour saffron/chicken broth over fish.
- Bake in oven at 400°F for 30-40 minutes!