Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
I HATE FISH! But this is so good! My mom made this for us and it is deelish - The fish is very mild and not fishy at all, I love spinach and the cheese, YUM - Next to "Yummy Chicken" I would have to say honestly that this is now one of my favorites!
Top Review by fsunupe19
I made this dish as a surprise for my girl this evening and let's just say it was a SUCCESS ;-) I had to changed it up a little for the Spinach was limited so I mixed in finely chopped Broccoli..... She actually thought I prepared a Gourmet Meal...... Thanks for the AWESOME recipe.....
- 1 lb firm white fish fillet (preferably Halibut)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (divided)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach (drained & squeezed)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (dry)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add flour.
- Add milk and stir until thick to make a white sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to sauce to taste.
- Place spinach in bottom of casserole dish.
- Top with fish fillet(s).
- Cover with white sauce.
- Combine Mozzarella, 1/4 cup of Parmesan, cheddar cheese, bread crumbs and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Sprinkle over top of sauce.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes (no need to cover with foil).