What a delicious way to enjoy fish. This came from 30 Minute Meals. Enjoy!
Make and share this Halibut Fish Tacos with Guacamole Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) fresh halibut steaks or 4 (6 ounce) fresh halibut fillets
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 medium ripe Hass avocadoes, pitted and scooped from skins with a spoon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts
- 12 soft 6-inch flour tortillas
- Preheat a grill pan or indoor grill to high heat or, prepare outdoor grill.
- Drizzle halibut with olive oil to keep fish from sticking to the grill pan or grill.
- Season fish with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Roll lime on the counter top to get juices flowing.
- Grill fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until opaque.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime down over the fish and remove from the grill pan or grill.
- Flake fish into large chunks with a fork.
- While fish is cooking, in a blender or food processor, combine avocado flesh, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, yogurt and salt.
- Process guacamole sauce until smooth.
- Remove guacamole sauce to a bowl and stir in diced tomatoes and chopped scallions.
- Shred lettuce and reserve.
- When fish comes off the grill pan or grill, blister and heat soft taco wraps.
- To assemble, break up fish and pile some of the meat into soft shells and slather with guacamole sauce.
- Top with shredded lettuce, fold tacos over and eat!