1/1 Photo of Halibut Fish Tacos with Guacamole Sauce
What a delicious way to enjoy fish. This came from 30 Minute Meals. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) fresh halibut steaks or 4 (6 ounce) fresh halibut fillets
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 medium ripe Hass avocadoes, pitted and scooped from skins with a spoon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts
- 12 soft 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1Preheat a grill pan or indoor grill to high heat or, prepare outdoor grill.
- 2Drizzle halibut with olive oil to keep fish from sticking to the grill pan or grill.
- 3Season fish with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- 4Roll lime on the counter top to get juices flowing.
- 5Grill fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until opaque.
- 6Squeeze the juice of 1 lime down over the fish and remove from the grill pan or grill.
- 7Flake fish into large chunks with a fork.
- 8While fish is cooking, in a blender or food processor, combine avocado flesh, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, yogurt and salt.
- 9Process guacamole sauce until smooth.
- 10Remove guacamole sauce to a bowl and stir in diced tomatoes and chopped scallions.
- 11Shred lettuce and reserve.
- 12When fish comes off the grill pan or grill, blister and heat soft taco wraps.
- 13To assemble, break up fish and pile some of the meat into soft shells and slather with guacamole sauce.
- 14Top with shredded lettuce, fold tacos over and eat!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halibut Fish Tacos with Guacamole Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (652 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.0
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 1322.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 46.0 g