Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a delicious way to enjoy fish. This came from 30 Minute Meals. Enjoy!
Make and share this Halibut Fish Tacos with Guacamole Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 ounce) fresh halibut steaks or 4 (6 ounce) fresh halibut fillets
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 medium ripe Hass avocadoes, pitted and scooped from skins with a spoon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts
- 12 soft 6-inch flour tortillas
- Preheat a grill pan or indoor grill to high heat or, prepare outdoor grill.
- Drizzle halibut with olive oil to keep fish from sticking to the grill pan or grill.
- Season fish with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Roll lime on the counter top to get juices flowing.
- Grill fish 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until opaque.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime down over the fish and remove from the grill pan or grill.
- Flake fish into large chunks with a fork.
- While fish is cooking, in a blender or food processor, combine avocado flesh, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, yogurt and salt.
- Process guacamole sauce until smooth.
- Remove guacamole sauce to a bowl and stir in diced tomatoes and chopped scallions.
- Shred lettuce and reserve.
- When fish comes off the grill pan or grill, blister and heat soft taco wraps.
- To assemble, break up fish and pile some of the meat into soft shells and slather with guacamole sauce.
- Top with shredded lettuce, fold tacos over and eat!
This was easy and very yummy!
Wow! This is my new favorite meal. Unbelievably simple and delicious!
Another winner from Sharon! This is a really fast, easy and flavourful recipe and can easily use any white fish. I followed widleyeris's excellent suggestion and seasoned the fish with cumin, chili pwd, garlic salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash spicy seasoning before grilling. For the guacomle mixture I used 3 small fresh jalepeno's finely chopped instead of cayenne pepper. Also, using greek style yogurt helped give it a heavier body. We used whole pita bread for added texture and support. Definitely will be a frequent meal from now on and can't wait to make it for our next backyard bbq with friends.