1/1 Photo of Halibut Fish Sticks With Dill-Caper Tartar Sauce
Yia Yia's Note:
This is from the current Bon Appetit magazine, in the Fast Easy Fresh section. I fixed it for dinner tonight and we really enjoyed it. The coating is crispy and satisfying, and the tartar sauce is very good. I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (I used about 2 t dried)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons or 2 tablespoons dill pickles, plus 1 T pickle juice
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut fillets, cut into 3 inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- 2Cover and refrigerate tartar sauce.
- 3Spread panko on a plate,.
- 4Whisk egg in a small bowl.
- 5Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- 6Working in batches, coat fish with egg, then panko. Shake off excess.
- 7Heat 1 1/2 T olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 8Add half the fish and cook, turning often (I only turned once and got a very nice crust), about 4 minutes total.
- 9Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining fish and oil.
- 10Serve with tartar sauce.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halibut Fish Sticks With Dill-Caper Tartar Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.3
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 156.2 mg
- Sodium 799.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: