Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a farovite at are house when all the relatives come for the summer. this makes a large amount of food, it's yummy.
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, pieces
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb halibut, cut into chuncks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- Saute together onion, pepper, mushrooms, garlic and celery for a few minutes.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and zucchini. stir and cook over low heat until tender.
- Add oregano, parsley, basil and pepper. Stir in halibut chunks and simmer while preparing white sauce.
- Over low heat melt butter, add flour; stir until soaked with the butter. Slowly add milk and half&half, stir until thickens.
- Add Monterey Jack Cheese, sour cream and chicken bouillon. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add sauce to vegetable and fish mixture, stir all together.
- Serve over fettucini noodles.
Tasty! This cooks up fast so prepped everything ahead. Made for Spring PAC 2013. Thanks for sharing Vicki.