This recipe was one of those selected, from among the many entries tested and judged, to be in the 1986 promotional "Alaska Seafood Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut fillets, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Arrange halibut in a shallow baking dish.
- 2Pour 1/2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth), and 1 tablespoon lemon juice over fish.
- 3Cover and bake in a 400 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- 4Let cool slightly.
- 5Drain fish liquid into a measuring cup.
- 6Add additional wine or water to make one cup of fish liquid.
- 8Saute mushrooms, onions and thyme in 2 tablespoons butter.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Melt 2 tablespoons butter and blend 4 tablespoons flour to make a roux.
- 11On low heat, gradually blend in 1 cup of fish liquid and 1 cup of milk.
- 12Bring to boil, stirring constantly, and cook 1 or 2 minutes until thickened.
- 13Remove from heat, add mushroom mixture. Let cool.
- 14Spoon sauce over halibut, covering completely.
- 15Scatter 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese over halibut.
- 16Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is bubbling around edges and cheese has melted.
- 17Dust lightly with paprika or dill weed.
- 18Garnish with chopped chives if desired.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halibut Domenica
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.7
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 478.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: