Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy and simple dip made from baked halibut. A party favorite!
Make and share this Halibut Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked halibut
- 1⁄8 cup banana pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet cherry peppers, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle, finely diced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. The amount of mayo used will depend on the amount of fish you have, and how moist it is. So, start with a small amount, such as ¼ cup and add more until you get your desired consistency. This is NOT a creamy-like salad with mayo. The mayo binds the dip, but doesn’t mask the flavor of the halibut.
- Serve with crackers and veggies. I particularly like to stuff celery with it. But, I’m weird like that.
- HINT: Halibut is a delicate fish and doesn’t take a long time to cook. A simple method – Preheat oven to 400, salt and pepper fish on both sides, place in oiled pan to prevent sticking. Cook 15 – 20 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. Fish should be moist, flaky and opaque. If it is still a bit translucent, cook an addition 1 -2 minutes.