- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs halibut steaks
- fresh ground pepper or course ground pepper
- 3 tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (de-seeded to reduce heat, if you need to)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1 teaspoon your favorite hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a shallow baking dish large enough to place fish in one layer.
- Salt and pepper fish steaks, place in baking dish.
- Mix together tomato, green pepper, onion, and jalapeno and top each fish steak with mixture.
- Melt butter and mix in lemon juice and tabasco, then drizzle over each fish steak.
- Bake approx 25 minutes, basting w/ pan juices about every 10 minutes.
- NOTE: If I have closer to 2 lbs of fish steaks, I will double the sauce mixture, but that's just preference!