Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The garden meets the sea in this kicked up fish dish!! I wish I could credit this recipe's creator but it was given to me by a neighbor, who got it from her sister-in-law, blah, blah. I am just glad it came to me!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs halibut steaks
- fresh ground pepper or course ground pepper
- 3 tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (de-seeded to reduce heat, if you need to)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1 teaspoon your favorite hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a shallow baking dish large enough to place fish in one layer.
- Salt and pepper fish steaks, place in baking dish.
- Mix together tomato, green pepper, onion, and jalapeno and top each fish steak with mixture.
- Melt butter and mix in lemon juice and tabasco, then drizzle over each fish steak.
- Bake approx 25 minutes, basting w/ pan juices about every 10 minutes.
- NOTE: If I have closer to 2 lbs of fish steaks, I will double the sauce mixture, but that's just preference!
Healthy dish and very good flavor.
I'm going to give this 5 stars because the sauce was fantastic. Our halibut turned out tough but it was in the freezer for some time so I'll try again. Maybe with Tilapia.
Made for Come to a Garden Party Recipe Tag game and I am sooo glad that I did. I followed the instructions completely. Going into my Favorites of 2012. Thank you for posting.