Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from our local paper. It sounds yummy!
Make and share this Halibut Chowder With Herbs and Sugar Peas recipe from Food.com.
- Cut bacon into thin strips crosswise and combine with shallot in a medium pot.
- Cook over medium heat until shallot softens and bacon frizzles, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes.
- Add milk, half-and-half and bay leaf and bring to simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add halibut and salt and cook until halibut is firm, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sugar snap peas and herbs.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
Totally awesome. I followed the recipe to a T, except for the chervil. I couldn't find any. I totally impressed my boyfriend, who's fisherman friend gave us the halibut. Thanks for an difficult to make tasting, classy soup that was really easy.
I had a nice soup making day today since it was just nasty outside. I made this recipe as stated except I used margarine, skim milk, and lean turkey bacon. I cut this down to make one big supper size portion for my mother using about a little more than 1/4 lbs fish. Since I really did not want to wait a long time for the potatoes to cook so I par cooked them in the mircowave. This is a wonderful fast and tasty soup recipe.