Recipe by susie cooks
This is from our local paper. It sounds yummy!
Top Review by rahrahmah
Totally awesome. I followed the recipe to a T, except for the chervil. I couldn't find any. I totally impressed my boyfriend, who's fisherman friend gave us the halibut. Thanks for an difficult to make tasting, classy soup that was really easy.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb small potato, cut in uniform pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lb sugar snap pea, strings removed
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons chervil, leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into thin strips crosswise and combine with shallot in a medium pot.
- Cook over medium heat until shallot softens and bacon frizzles, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes.
- Add milk, half-and-half and bay leaf and bring to simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Add halibut and salt and cook until halibut is firm, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sugar snap peas and herbs.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.