Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from a clipping i cut out years ago by MME Jehane Benoit. Filling comfort food. Just add a salad and you are set to go/
- 4 medium potatoes (unpeeled)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb halibut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (I use low fat)
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Boil potatoes till done.
- Peel and slice thinly.
- Spread in the bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole that has been lightly treated with cooking spray.
- Place Halibut in a saucepan with salt, pepper and sage.
- Cover with boiling water. Simmer on medium 15 minutes.
- Drain break in pieces and spread over potatoes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in flour and cook and stir a minute till flour looses its rawness.
- Gradually whisk in milk (it must boil to thicken ).
- When sauce has thickened add lemon juice, zest and sour cream, mix well.
- Pour over fish and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 375° 10 - 15 minutes.
My husband and my 3 year old both loved. It was quick and easy. I peeled and sliced my potatoes before I boiled them though.