Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This recipe comes from the Halibut Barn in Ketchican, Alaska. The halibut in Alaska is wonderful and always fresh!
- 1 lb halibut, cooked and flaked
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg (or 2 small eggs)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard or 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together breadcrumbs, egg, mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Add Halibut and mix gently; If mixture is dry, add more maynnaise.
- Shape into 6 cakes and cook in hot oil until browned on each side (about 5 minutes).
- These Halibut Cakes may also be deep fried.