Recipe by Hey Jude
This is so good! I usually halve this recipe when it's just my husband and me. I have also added fresh spinach leaves to the baking dish. I found this in an old Sunset cookbook.
Top Review by Oolala
add 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup dry white wine, 1 bay leaf and 1 whole clove of garlic and it's like a recipe by Craig Clairbourne that I was going to post. His recipe doesn't have the tomato but it sounds great.
- 2 lbs halibut steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 2 very ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay halibut in a close-fitting, buttered, shallow baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper and pour cream over.
- Cover with tomatoes and top with onions; dot with butter.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake in a 375° for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and spoon cream over fish then continue baking for about 15 minutes, basting occasionally with the cream, until fish flakes easily.