Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These wonderful and simple oven 'tamales' go very well with another recipe I am posting for Mango, Jicama, and Corn Salad. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with halibut or Southwestern cooking!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Carefully remove husks from corn, reserving the 4 largest ones.
- Cut the corn kernels off of their ears.
- Blend lightly in a food processor or blender until just coarsely chopped, be sure not to puree!
- Add cilantro, cornmeal, sugar, and salt, then pule once or twice just to mix.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper.
- Stir in fintely chopped red bell pepper.
- Arrange 2 corn husks on a square of foil large enough to hold a tamale.
- Spread 1/4 of corn mixture (approx the same size as the halibut fillets you are using) over both husks on foil.
- Season halibut on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place halibuts on top of corn mixtures on tamales.
- Top halibuts with another 1/4 of the corn mixture.
- Pull ends of bottom husks over halibuts and top with remaining husks.
- Tuck ends of top husks under bottom husks.
- Fold around tamales into small packets.
- Bake until halibuts are just cooked through, about 20 minutes.