Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Middle Eastern inspired dish. From April 2010 Cooking Light.
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulbs (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Combine 1 1/2 t spice mix, 2 t oil, and garlic in a small bowl; rub garlic mixture evenly over fish. Heat 1 t oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add fish to pan and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine remaining 3/4 t spice mixture, 2 t oil, fennel bulb and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, tossing well to coat. Serve salad with fish.
Wonderful fish dinner which we enjoyed! Didn't have any cumin or garlic (used garlic powder and skipped the cumin) and I also skipped the thyme (also out of). Still enjoyed this dish though -- however next time I will make sure I have all the correct spices! Thanks for posting this keeper which we will have again soon!