Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Giada De Laurentiis - light and refreshing.
- 1 (6 ounce) halibut steaks
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head frisee, chopped
- 1 cup arugula, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 fennel bulb, stalk removed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- For the halibut:.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the halibut with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Let the fish rest for a few minutes then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- For the salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the frisee, arugula, tomatoes, chickpeas, and fennel. In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the salad and toss to combine. Top with fish and serve.